- November 14, 2019
- Posted by: admin
About the Project
The USAID-funded Strengthening Egypt’s Family Planning Program (SEFPP) is working with the MOHP’s Family Planning Sector and the National Population Council (NPC) to address Egypt’s rapid population growth by reducing the unmet need of women and men for family planning counselling services and methods through evidence-based planning, decision-making, and policy formulation. In nine governorates of Upper Egypt, five slums in Cairo and six slums in Alexandria, SEFPP focuses on underserved populations by supporting quality family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH) services and enhancing selected health behaviors. This project is implemented by John Snow, Inc. (JSI). JSI is working in partnership with the Center for Development Services (CDS), and Population Council.
To ensure program sustainability beyond the life of the program, SEFPP is implementing two innovative interventions, i) leveraging political support for family planning through advocacy and policy changes, and ii) engaging with the private sector for comprehensive solutions that will be sustained beyond the life of this project.
The Private Sector Engagement Manager shall assist the SEFPP achieve the aims and objectives to increase the private sector support to the Family Planning/Reproductive Health efforts in Egypt during and beyond the project’s lifetime. Shall coordinate with other SEFPP’s staff whenever needed the various project’s activities targeting the private sector involvement within the project. Shall assure that the project’s activities under the CSR designated area are undertaken as per the project plans
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the project and generate data relevant to the private sector engagement field;
- Explore potential for Private Sector Engagement and Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities and linkages between the private sector and foundations and the Family Planning sector at MOHP;
- Review previous experiences and successful examples of incorporating the private sector within and outside of Egypt to identify potential partners in Family Planning/ Reproductive Health;
- Work with identified partners to develop specific activities related to Family Planning;
- Work with the private sector in identifying the main challenges and utilize strengths to include the private sector in the provision of family planning services and products;
- Work on building the capacities of private sector providers including physicians, pharmacists, and hospitals in the field of Family Planning/Reproductive Health;
- Work with pharmaceuticals and providers of FP/RH commodities to ensure that FP products are available, and that challenges that face commodity providers are tackled through private public partnerships;
- Work on the capacity building of MOHP’s FP sector on private sector engagement and corporate social responsibility;
- Engage with employers in the private sector to raise awareness about FP/RH in workplaces and train peer educators and trainers within private sector companies and factories;
- Implement SEFPP’s private sector engagement strategy.
- Educated to advanced degree level in a relevant discipline;
- Good knowledge of project cycle management and social development gained through work experience or study;
- Experience of corporate environment and work in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) field in Egypt for at least 5 years;
- Articulate and clear writing style with demonstrated ability to communicate the Family Planning issues and interests to corporate sector;
- Ability to network at all corporate levels;
- Excellent administration and organizational skills;
- Ability to interpret and analyze data;
- A team player but also able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible and adaptable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a structured manner and within multi-disciplinary technical teams;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Egypt;
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Level of responsibility and salary commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates should send their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating clearly the position in the subject field.